Chip spreader is one of the key equipments for layer spread method of the surface treatment for asphalt pavement. It can be used for the spreading work of the aggregates with certain sizes on the road surface succeed after asphalt spraying continuously and evenly. Self-propelled SS4000 Chip Spreader is applicable to spread the chips and stones for road construction and maintenance with layer spread method. Please see the picture 1 for the overall structure of the chip sealer.
1. It has large spreading quantity which can meet the requirement for spreading of multiple kinds of aggregates.
2. The spreading speed of roller and spreading adopts proportional control which can ensure evenly spreading of chips in construction.
3. The belt feeding and capacity indicator adopts Combination control, which realized the controlling work of material feeding automatically.
4. The speed of spiral and aggregate kick-out roller runs synchronal, which is good for materials transmission and can avoid segregation;
5. The travel system adopts power transmission device of heavy truck, the cost of maintenance is comparatively low.
6. Self-locking traction hook can realize the easy connection and disconnection between the spreader and dump truck during spreading.
7. Large power diesel engine with enough power reserve, which can be used for various spreading conditions and resist to great load change.
8. Making use of the pneumatic control principle of truck to make the brake and clutch controlling flexible, safe and reliable;
9. Adopted two independent braking systems to facilitate the safety of traveling;
Adopted advanced clutch with air power to greatly reduce the operating force.
Spreading speed (first gear)
Travel speed (first gear)
Travel speed (second gear)
Travel speed (third gear)
Travel speed (fourth gear)
Travel speed (fifth gear)
Travel speed (sixth gear)
Max. spreading rate
Min. spreading rate
Crosswise spreading rate
Lengthwise spreading rate
Max. turning angle of front wheel
Min. turning radius
Min. ground clearance
Min. departure angle
Volume of the front hopper
Volume of the rear hopper
Overall dimension(for transporation)
Overall dimension(for working)
Overall dimension of spreading hopper
Spare parts case